About Chiefs Girls Hockey - NIHL 10U/12U/14U
Girls Hockey is the 3rd fastest growing team sport in the United States and the Chiefs Hockey Club is proud to offer a dedicated AA Girls Hockey Program. We fielded our first all-girls team in 2018-19 and they competed in the U10 girls NIHL-gold division finishing 19-12-4 overall, with a 3rd place finish during the NIHL regular season and then playing in the championship game of the NIHL Playoffs. Our inaugural team competed in 4 tournaments and played in the championship game of all 4.
In 2019-20, the Chiefs expanded our Girls Program to 2 teams with the continuation of our U10 team and the addition of a team at the U12 level. Both teams competed in the Northern Illinois Hockey League (NIHL) in the top girl’s tier and both made the playoffs. Our U10 team won 2 out-of-state tournaments!
The Club expanded to U10, U12, and U14 girls teams for the fall/winter of 2020-21. While the fall/winter season of 2020-21 was met with many Covid-19 related challenges, our 3 teams all experienced great successes and found many opportunities to compete. Our U10 team finished in first place in the local Independent League. Our U12 team won 3 out-of-state tournaments including taking home the 1st place trophy against coed teams in Wisconsin Dells and Indianapolis and winning the highly-competitive South Bend Irish Girls Cup in thrilling fashion.
The Chiefs will be continuing with U10, U12, and U14 in the spring of 2021 and fall/winter of 2021-22 with 3 AA Girls Teams playing in the Northern Illinois Hockey League.
- Passion and Energy: Chiefs Girls Hockey players love coming to the rink to skate and compete. Our coaches create a positive and motivating environment for our players where they compete at a high level while learning the game of hockey and playing with teammates that become life-long friends.
- Cost: See the flyer above for pricing for the 2020-21 season. Chiefs Girls Hockey is one of the best values-for-the-money in the Chicago Suburbs for highly competitive girls hockey.
- Coaching: Girls Team Coaches at all levels have extensive hockey experience. Several coaches grew up playing AAA hockey, junior hockey, and/or college hockey and they are all are USA Hockey Certified. The coaching staff is also supported by experienced AAA Girls Head Coach Bruce Turpin, former Mission and Princeton hockey star Fiona McKenna, and professionals from the Bandits Goalie School.
- Commitment: Regular season girls teams are guaranteed 40+ practices, additional skills clinics/power-skates, 18-25 NIHL league games, NIHL playoffs, State Tournament, and 2+ additional tournaments including at least 1 out-of-town tournament.
- Home Arena - The Chiefs Hockey Club skates out of the Edge Ice Arena in Bensenville, IL
For more information or questions on Chiefs Girls Hockey including opportunities for your daughter to attend clinics, practice with, or play with our teams, please contact Chiefs VP and Girls Hockey Coach Dave Rychley at
U12 Girls play in the 2019 Thanksgiving Outdoor Classic U10 Girls win the 2020 Wisconsin Dells Waterpark Classic
U12 Girls compete in the 2020 NIHL Playoff Chiefs U10 Girls win the URSA Major Championship in Michigan
Chiefs U10 Girls finish as Runner-Up in NIHL 10U for the 2018-19 Season Chiefs U10-12 Girls at the conclusion of the Spring 2019 season
Chiefs Girls Team after their first win of the 2018-19 season Chiefs U12 Girls win the Dells Waterpark Classic - January 31, 2021
Chiefs U12 Girls win the South Bend Irish Cup - February 21, 2021 Chiefs U12 Girls win the Ice Warriors Tournament in Indy - March 6, 2021